Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Quote ::Movie Review::

It was really good having a spare time just to watch any movie I want. With my hubby's hd external, I try to watch something nice for my days in Jakarta. Then I was surprise with what I found.

Back in years, I watched The Iron Lady with my best friend, Yusa. When we entered the theater and sat, then I asked her "what this movie tells about?" YES. I didn't know what kind of movie or story is this. I thought it was all about war. Lady war. But when I saw it and got lil background from Yusa, I know that I will like this movie.

The Iron Lady. Tells about biographic based on Madam Margaret Thatcher, the longest-serving British Prime Minister (1979-1990). This film so girl power. lady power. Women and man sud watch this movie. You don't have to become like her. But, take all those spirit..

These are some good quote that I like...
“Watch your thoughts for they become words.
Watch your words for they become actions.
Watch your actions for they become habits.
Watch your habits for they become your character.
And watch your character for it becomes your destiny.
What we think, we become.
My father always said that...
and I think I am fine.”
“We want a society where people are free to make choices, to make mistakes, to be generous and compassionate. This is what we mean by a moral society; not a society where the state is responsible for everything, and no one is responsible for the state.” -- link
“Plan your work for today and every day, then work your plan” ― Margaret Thatcher


And I like scene when Denis Thatcher asked Margaret to marry him.

Young Denis Thatcher
Margaret, will you marry me?[a pause, Margaret stares at him]

 Young Denis Thatcher
Well?

 Young Margaret Thatcher
[Margaret is still staring, Denis kisses her hand] Yes. Yes!

Young Denis Thatcher
[Margaret starts to cry from happiness, Denis leans in for a kiss, but she suddenly pulls back] What?

Young Margaret Thatcher
I love you so much but, I will never be one of those women, Denis. Who stays silent and pretty on the arm of her husband. Or remote and alone in the kitchen - doing the washing up, for that matter.

Young Denis Thatcher
[interrupts] I'm going to help with that...

Young Margaret Thatcher
No. One's life must matter, Dennis. Beyond all the cooking and the cleaning and the children. One's life must mean more than that. I cannot die washing up a teacup! I mean it, Denis. Say you understand.

Young Denis Thatcher
That's why I want to marry you, my dear.

This scene simply tells that if you really love someone and want to marry him/her, you should know all the consequence. Do and don't. I remember one of my best friend have said, "I find my dreams in him (my husband)". Marriage isn't the end of your life to pursue the dreams. When you find the right one, you will see so many dreams on him/her that you really wanna do and both of you will happy to do that together, good and bad.

In memorial
taken from: http://yellowhammernews.com/

After I watch several movies, then suddenly I found this documentary film "iGenius: How Steve Jobs Change The World". I am not a big fan of Steve Jobs or Apple or even iProducts. No I am not. But after saw this iGenius, then I give him standing applause. It's not because how awesome iProduct is, but the way Steve through the paths and how he said it (all the quotes) are really genius. Fyi, I believe in "how people say what they wanna say" is really has a magic influence to the people whose talking to and it can change their life like you flip your hand in a sec. And in this documentary film, it's also said that Steve wasn't invent it (mp3, computer, mouse, mobile phone and so on) but HE REINVENT IT become more simple, useful, and more genius in every way.

Here's some quotes from Steve Jobs. 
“My model for business is The Beatles. They were four guys who kept each other’s kind of negative tendencies in check. They balanced each other and the total was greater than the sum of the parts. That’s how I see business: great things in business are never done by one person, they’re done by a team of people.”
“Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other opinions drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/20-most-memorable-quotes-from-steve-jobs.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3AQiGcnPb

I read articel and I found this statement (forgot the link):
When I spent one year researching a book on the Apple Store, I learned that Jobs revolutionized the retail business because he asked better questions. For example, Jobs did not ask, “How do we build a better store than our competitors?” Instead he asked, “How do we reinvent the store?” Don’t do things better; do things differently.



In memorial
taken from http://www.quotesworld.org/

And all I can is "life is a choice". You make a choice and face it. No one life is perfect as it looks like. Trouble is always follow. Those dark time is really real. 
But, how can we say happy if we haven't been sad? How can we say success when we haven't broken? 
Take your time. Enjoy every scene in your life. That's how you'll learn how being happy as it is ;)


No comments: